Today we are joined by Ryan Wiley, a broker based in Toronto and CEO of TheVIPClub.io. Ryan will be bringing us through the 5 mistakes brokers make when marketing to their database and the 3 things you can do to bring in a lead within 24 hours.
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[2:53] Can you tell us about yourself?
- I’ve been a broker for approximately 12 years.
- 7 or 8 years ago, my business plateaued, and I realized I wasn’t spending enough time or energy on my database.
- I connected with Scott, who owned The VIP Club at the time, and the business grew 40% year over year.
- I purchased The VIP Club around a year ago and realized my passion for marketing.
[4:06] How many emails do you send out a month?
- Between 80,000 and 90,000. It’s always growing.
- I created a fake email address and joined 100 brokers’ lists to learn about the competition.
[5:25] Let’s go through the 5 mistakes brokers make when marketing to their database. What is the first mistake you see?
- Not having a list/database.
- Not updating or being consistent with their lists.
- There are simple steps you can take to automate the process.
[7:30] What’s the second mistake?
- Constantly marketing about interest rates.
- If you are hitting people over the head with rates, what’s the first conversation they are going to want to have?
- It confuses them when you try and explain rates aren’t the most important thing.
- It sets you up for future failure and comes across as inauthentic.
[10:13] What’s the third mistake?
- Not having calls to action.
- Putting information out there with no engagement.
- It’s as simple as putting a calendar link in an email or asking a question.
- It’s about creating connection.
[12:38] What’s the fourth mistake?
- Not connecting with clients.
- Making it all about you and your business. It should be about what you can do for them.
- It starts with a question. In The VIP Club, we do contests where you have to answer a question to win.
- Choose strategic questions and look for opportunities in the responses.
- You aren’t trying to reach your whole database, just a section that you can go deeper with.
[18:08] What is the fifth and final mistake you see brokers making?
- Putting out generic content.
- The content isn’t relevant or has no personality.
- Sign up for other brokers’ lists and look at what they are putting out.
[20:30] What are the 3 things brokers can do to bring in a lead within 24 hours?
- These things are simple and cost no money.
- Ask those strategic questions. Try business related questions to start.
- Currently, there are rate specials so let your list know there’s opportunity for them to save money. Put together a blurb and send it out. Put a call to action at the end.
- Build a case study. Explain how you have helped a certain type of client out in the past. Send it out, explain it and give a call to action. It will resonate with some of your list.
[25:42] Any final thoughts?
- These are simple things.
- We can go into deeper strategies on another episode.
- The energy you put into this can be repurposed in many different ways.
Contact Scott here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in becoming a deal creator, visit https://www.10loansamonth.com/call/ to find out more.