Chris Kolinsky hosts this episode and talks to Tom Hall. Tom is one of the co-founders of BluMortgage, which is a new CRM for Canadian mortgage brokers. Tom joins us today to discuss how his platform works and what makes it unique for the Canadian market.
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[spp-timestamp time="1:43"] Tell us about yourself and what you do.
- I’m one of the owners of BluMortgage CRM, which means half my time is talking to brokers to understand their needs.
- The other half is spent talking to my team about how to address those problems.
[spp-timestamp time="2:12"] How long have you been with BluRoot?
- Around 18 months.
- We are a consulting firm that would help people with their CRMs.
- 12 months ago, I transitioned fully to CRM for the mortgage space.
[spp-timestamp time="2:44"] I hear you have some pretty big clients, is that right?
- Ron Butler, Shawn Stillman at Mortgage Outlet and Doug over at Champion are some of the people we work with. We consulted for them before BluMortgage and that led to the creation.
[spp-timestamp time="4:08"] With BluMortgage, are you targeting Canadian Mortgage Brokers?
- On the surface, CRMs seem simple. But, they get complex quickly.
- Many solutions are US-based and many are not customizable.
- We are trying to address those issues.
[spp-timestamp time="5:30"] What is a quote that has had an impact on you? How do you implement it in life?
- Ron Swanson in Parks and Recreation said, ‘Don’t half ass two things, whole ass one thing.’
- I want to be really good at one thing.
[spp-timestamp time="6:54"] What’s your 30 second elevator pitch?
- I work with a CRM in the mortgage space and it’s designed so that when a Canadian mortgage broker opens it up for the first time it’s designed specifically for their industry. It has their data in it and they just have to open it and it works.
[spp-timestamp time="8:40"] What platform is it built on?
- We found it best for functionality, despite common complaints that the initial setup is difficult.
[spp-timestamp time="10:40"] Does anyone on your team have a background in brokering?
- We learned from our customers and continue to learn from them. We saw a need to be filled.
[spp-timestamp time="11:55"] What services does BluMortgage integrate with?
- Currently Finmo and Floify, with more in the pipeline.
[spp-timestamp time="13:30"] Who would you say are your main competitors and what sets you apart from them?.
- Network CRMs like Velocity.
- Canadian independents like Door and Scarlet Networks.
- US independents.
- What we do really well is personalized communication to Canadian clients. We are very customizable and have data structure and integration so you can smart filter for campaigns.
[spp-timestamp time="15:43"] Is it customizable for the individual user?
- It varies office to office.
- We can set up just for individuals who want something different to their colleagues or it can be set up on an office level and customized by role.
[spp-timestamp time="16:45"] How long is the setup process and what is the cost?
- From reaching out, we learn your specific issues, then offer a demo.
- It’s around a week to collect data, build the system and integrations and then train.
- The cost is included in the subscription.
[spp-timestamp time="18:42"] What’s stopping someone from signing up directly with Zoho?
- BluMortgage is pre-built, custom with interactions and dedicated support for the mortgage space.
[spp-timestamp time="20:48"] What do you think has contributed to your growth in the last 6 months?
- Our initial clients are spreading the word.
- Our integrations have improved, meaning we have more value to offer than ever.
Find out more about BluMortgage here: https://blumortgage.ca
If you’re interested in becoming a deal creator, visit https://www.10loansamonth.com/call/ to find out more.