- Make an effort to touch base with your clients in a personalized way.
- Find a good fit who can mentor you
- Don’t spend your commission before the deal closes
- Set up your business to spend your time in your strengths
- Pick up the phone
Scott is one of the hosts of CMHTV. Scott is an avid learner and he shares how going back to basics and working in his area of strength are helping him grow his business.
Years as a Broker: 5
Location:Burnaby & Dawson Creek
Brokerage: Verico Paragon Pacific Mortgage
Team Size: 6 brokers
[shadowbox][Tweet ““Always keep learning – Scott Dawson” “][/shadowbox]
The Ultimate Question 2.0 by by Fred Reichheld
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Create a business plan
2. Find a good mentor
3. Put some money aside for taxes
WHAT I LEARNED
I decided to checkout Adobe Acrobat pro to help with document management. I’m experimenting with it and if it works well I’ll get my assistant to use it to save her time.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?