Hello. I’m Scott Peckford. I’m a Husband, Father, Mortgage Broker, Author, Podcaster, and a Coach.
I founded the I love Mortgage Brokering podcast so I could be a better broker. I share the information with you so that you can do the same.
I have been a Mortgage Broker since 2006 working with a few different companies however most recently, my business partner and I run CME Kelowna and have an office in Kelowna BC.
I like creative problem solving and I absolutely love being an entrepreneur. In 2010 I wrote my first book, “How to Rob Your Bank.” It is a guide for Canadians looking for mortgages. And after the ILMB podcast had some success my team and I had a lot of fun putting on events (BrokerTalks) in 2016 and created a premier coaching program (10 Realtor Program) in 2018 using everything we’ve learned interviewing over 200 top producers in both the US and Canada.
I love a quote I once read on a T-Shirt, “May your life someday be as awesome as you pretend it is on Facebook.” I think a lot of ‘about’ pages have a fair amount of pretend in them. In fact, I find the process of writing this about page to be challenging. How do I share who I am, but resist the urge to stretch the truth, or paint a picture of someone I wish you thought I was?
Instead of writing an about me page that I think you will like, or sounds impressive I thought I would just survey my wife and three closest friends. I asked them to describe me in a single word. I figured, they know me best and the word they used to describe me was probably the real me. Truthfully, if I had to create words for myself I would probably use words like Incredibly intelligent, Devilishly Handsome or even a Mad Genius because all of those descriptions sound awesome.
Unfortunately, that is not what any of my peeps told me.
My wife described me as Honest and Loyal. She said I am honest to everyone, but people have to earn my loyalty. However, once someone earns it I am there through thick and thin. She said, If I were a dog I would probably be a golden retriever. I kind of wish she said I was something more manly and dangerous like a German Shepeard or Rottweiler.
My three closest friends described me as Innovative, Trustworthy and Direct.
- I have been in Kelowna, BC since 2002. The longest I’ve lived anywhere
- I grew up a military brat and moved a lot. In fact, I often felt like I was in the witness protection program
- Prior to being a Mortgage broker, I spent 8 years as a paramedic
- I am married to my sweetheart and have 3 amazing kids
- I competed in Brazilian Jiujitsu tournaments
- I teach public speaking to grade 3-5 kids (Which I happen to love doing)
- I am on the board for an addiction recovery program called Freedom’s Door
- I wrote a book called, “How to Rob Your Bank”
- My favorite Ted talk is, “Start With Why” by Simon Sinek
- My favorite book is “Love Does,” by Bob Goff
- I love to run early in the morning before the city wakes up
And if you are a part of my coaching program, you know I love Bruce Lee.
This is one of my favorite quotes when it comes to focus.