Sarah started in the financial industry at RBC’s fraud department in Vancouver, moved to Scotiabank, and eventually started brokering at TMG. Sarah found a mentor who helped her launch own business.
- 9 years in the industry
- Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Mortgage Intelligence
- Everyone is not your customer
- Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody
- Sarah started with free advertising, but found that it returned zero results.
- Client referrals make up to 60% of her business today.
- Specialize and find a niche; don’t target all client types.
- Grande Prairie is a fast-moving small town with a lot of first time home buyers. Sarah focuses on first-time and investor clients.
- Sarah built a good relationship with 1 underwriter but learned to spread her deals amongst many lenders.
- Sarah has some success in diversifying income in selling mortgage insurance – so much that she is Mortgage Intelligence’s #1 in Canada for mortgage insurance sales.
- Alberta has a few unspoken lending rules due to the downward trend in the oil and gas industry.
- Keeps work life balance.
- Create and maintain a database right from the start of your career.
- Focus less on referral sources, but more on client and underwriter relationships.
More About Sarah
- Website: www.homewithsarah.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Sarah Davison on Twitter: @sarahdavison
- Sarah on LinkedIn
- Sarah on Facebook