Today we are joined by Rob Townsley, a mortgage and financial broker who is a part of the 10 Loans a Month coaching program. Rob is with us to discuss how he has become a coach to his realtor partners.
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[spp-timestamp time="2:08"] Tell us about yourself and your business.
- I was a financial planner for 10 years before I became a broker.
- I came to brokering after a client I had went to get a mortgage from a bank and they tried to take the investment side of their business away from me. I took my client to a broker, got them a better deal and decided I wanted to become a broker.
[spp-timestamp time="4:22"] What is a quote that has had an impact on you? How do you implement it in life?
- My dad always said, ‘you make money for other people, not yourself’ so I decided to prove him wrong.
[spp-timestamp time="5:09"] What failures have you had in your career and what were the lessons learned?
- I wish I had started my database from day 1. I didn’t see the potential impact for the future.
[spp-timestamp time="5:50"] What tools do you use now to help with that?
- Spreadsheets for tracking referrals.
[spp-timestamp time="6:15"] How did you come to coaching?
- You asked if we wanted to be the big guy in business, equal to our realtor partners or a teacher and coach. I decided I wanted to coach because it’s something I’m good at.
- I learned from the program that changing my mindset is the most important thing when coaching.
[spp-timestamp time="6:50"] What changes in your mindset did you make?
- I read about how to sell and communicate in real estate and brought it forward.
- I was on the verge of giving up the business, but the program helped me with perspective.
[spp-timestamp time="7:51"] What was the first thing you tried with coaching?
- I did open houses with realtors. It allowed the opportunity to meet clients.
[spp-timestamp time="9:48"] What other successes have you had partnering with real estate agents?
- We have set up a first-time home buyers plan, and wealth building has grown from that.
- I’ve also been doing online course teaching.
[spp-timestamp time="12:17"] What effect has that had on your pipeline?
- Definite increase as more realtors want to get involved.
- One new realtor has gone to 140k for the year and she just started last year. I’ve given away probably 15 referrals.
[spp-timestamp time="13:13"] What is your production this year over last?
- January to June I surpassed last year, so double or triple by the end of the year.
[spp-timestamp time="13:39"] Tell us about the Love 19 Campaign and the spinoff.
- I had 2 amazing realtors involved. As a broker, you want to stay in the background and put them up front.
- They are so busy we haven’t been through the data yet but we are working on it.
[spp-timestamp time="15:50"] What changes have you made to your sales processes?
- Hired an assistant and a social media manager to allow more focus.
[spp-timestamp time="17:00"] What’s your biggest takeaway from the 10 Loans a Month Program?
- Mindset is important in life, not just business.
[spp-timestamp time="18:38"] What’s holding brokers back from success?
- Picking up the phone.
[spp-timestamp time="19:12"] What’s a habit you have picked up for success?
- It’s allowed me to keep a clear head.
[spp-timestamp time="19:37"] What book would you recommend?
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan.
[spp-timestamp time="20:06"] If you had $100,000 to invest in your business, what would you do?
- Invest more in technology and setup for videos and online.
Contact Rob here: https://www.townsley.ca
If you’re interested in becoming a deal creator, visit https://www.10loansamonth.com/call/ to find out more.