- Years as a Broker: 9
- Location: Calgary
- Brokerage: Mortgage Architects
- Team Size: Part-time assistant, 4 sub-brokers plus a part-time assistant
- Keep your priorities in order
- Have a game plan and execute it
- The key to success is persistence
- Stay in touch with your database
- He shares how he uses a business plan to keep his business on track
From banker to broker. Richard has spent the last 16 years in the financial services industry. In 2009, Richard considered leaving the broker business, but a failed job interview forced Richard to re-evaluate his broker business and refocus. He has turned things around, and was recently awarded the fastest growing broker at Mortgage Architects by volume.
I failed over and over and over again that is how I succeed. – Michael Jordan
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
- Start a CRM from day 1
- Leverage your business by partnering with other
- Always have a business plan you are constantly evaluating
WHAT I LEARNED
Richard reminded me of the importance of having a business plan. I have created a simple one page plan to keep me on track for the remainder of my year.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?