From banker to broker. Richard has spent the last 16 years in the financial services industry. In 2009, Richard considered leaving the broker business, but a failed job interview forced Richard to re-evaluate his broker business and refocus. He has turned things around, and was recently awarded the fastest growing broker at Mortgage Architects by volume.
- Years as a Broker: 9
- Location: Calgary
- Brokerage: Mortgage Architects
- Team Size: Part-time assistant, 4 sub-brokers plus a part-time assistant
I failed over and over and over again that is how I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- Keep your priorities in order
- Have a game plan and execute it
- The key to success is persistence
- Stay in touch with your database
- He shares how he uses a business plan to keep his business on track
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
- Start a CRM from day 1
- Leverage your business by partnering with other
- Always have a business plan you are constantly evaluating
WHAT I LEARNED
Richard reminded me of the importance of having a business plan. I have created a simple one page plan to keep me on track for the remainder of my year.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?