- Learn to live on what you live on
- Being overstaffed has allowed him to grow rapidly
- You need to hire team members to grow
- Volume is irrelevant, focus on net income
- Dress for success
- Set up work-flows so nothing falls through cracks
- An existing client is 7 times easier to sell than a stranger
- Connect with Nick on Linkedin
- Follow Nick on Twitter
- Visit Nick’s website
- Join the conversation on Facebook
Nick has figured out how that to build a $100 Million Mortgage business you need a team. He shares some details on how he has set up his team and he also shares his purchase work-flow, which is killer.
He also shares how the focus on net income, not volume is the key to building a profitable mortgage practice.
Years as a Broker: 7
Brokerage: The Mortgage Wellness Group
TEAM SIZE: 9 Support staff
[Tweet ““The harder I work, the luckier I get. -Unknown””]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Focus on revenue not volume
2. Set parameters on your time (build a fence around your personal time)
3. Stay true to your vision
WHAT I LEARNED
Nick reminded me of the importance of building a team and making certain I focus on the net income, not my gross mortgage volume. I also wore my first tie in 3 years after our conversation. Thanks Nick!
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?