Mike ran a transportation company with 100 employees before becoming a broker. He switched to becoming a broker because he liked that brokers get paid for their effort.
Are you new to brokering? Listen to Mike’s story where he shares some real examples of how hard work and taking care of his clients has helped him go from making no money to being a successful mortgage broker.
- Years as a Broker: 9 years
- Location: Calgary
- Brokerage: Mortgage Architects
- Team Size:1 assistant
To make a difference in the lives of those I deal with
- How to protect yourself when a client wants to waive while conditions are still outstanding
- A simple tweak to improve all your deals
- His experience spending $30k in radio advertising
- How he turned attendance in a realtor course into $40k in business a year
- The reason most brokers are not successful
The Little Red Book of Selling – Jeffery Gitomer
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
- Believe in yourself
- Have a business plan
- Ask successful people for advice
WHAT I LEARNED
I was looking at doing an in-house in a real estate office. However, if I am honest I’m not certain I would be well suited to working in a RE office. I will continue to explore this, but if I had to choose I would prefer to do what Mike has done and attend/host a RE training event with a handful of select realtors. That way I am not tied to one office and I can choose the realtors I work with.
I’ll keep you posted on how this progresses.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?