- A sweet strategy to ensure more approvals actually fund
- Why having a process is vitally important
- A healthy way to look at failure
- In this business, get passionate or get out
- Empower the people you hire
- Don’t take your sales process for granted
- Outsource the pieces that you don’t do well
- Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life by Maxwell Maltz
Mike’s journey began as a mortgage specialist, but then launched a small independent brokerage that has now morphed into a network of 600+ agents and 44 franchises. Mike shares some great advice on how a clearly defined process can allow you to scale your business and make adjustments in real time. If you want to grow your mortgage business you need to listen to this interview.
Years as a Broker: 20 years (Since 1994)
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Team Size: 60 brokers + 1 licensed assistant
[shadowbox][Tweet ““Luck is the last dying wish of those who think that winning can happen by accident, sweat on the other hand is for those who know its a choice” “][/shadowbox]
[shadowbox][Tweet ““Try not to become a man of success, rather, try to become a man of value. – Albert Einstein” “][/shadowbox]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Talk to more people, more often
2. Get help where you need it – Hire faster, fire faster
3. Recognize your strengths and focus on them
WHAT I LEARNED
I decided to hire a virtual assistant to help me with my marketing and admin tasks. I have been sitting on this for some time and I finally decided to take the plunge and get help.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?