- Branding can be used to communicate your unique value proposition
- He cold called the competition to see how they handled him over the phone
- The sooner you start saying no to deals, is the sooner you start making money
- Get your clients on the phone, don’t rely on email
- Don’t outsource the planning or the signing
- Broadcast something people can relate to
- Running a contest? – choose a prize that your clients will crawl across broken glass to win
- Connect with Michael on Linkedin
- Follow Michael on Twitter
- Visit Michael’swebsite
- Join the conversation on Facebook
Michael shares how his unique branding has helped him gain market share and has made it easier to communicate to his unique offering to his marketplace.
Michael shares an awesome story of how he used a contact with an NHL player, free t-shirts and Facebook to create a killer contest.
Years as a Broker: 13
Brokerage: Mortgage Teacher
[Tweet ““You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky””]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Don’t associate yourself with so many brands
2. You have to put everything on the table
3. When in partnership, make sure that the rules are clearly defined.
WHAT I LEARNED
It gave me an idea to create a killer contest in my market to get the attention of my clients in a fun and engaging way and not use rates.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?