From musician to mortgage broker phenom. Matthew uses Facebook to generate 40% of his business. He shares tips on how uses Facebook to stay in touch and generate mortgage referrals.
- Years as a Broker: 7
- Location: Calgary
- Brokerage: Mortgage Architects
- Team Size: 6 brokers
One of my greatest strengths is knowing all of my weakness
- If you want to build relationships, be yourself. Don’t fake it, don’t be an impostor. Just be yourself.
- You can sell by being an educator.
- Get a wife. And not just any wife, get a supportive wife!
- If you want to succeed, don’t be lazy.
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
- Be prepared for stress.
- Be wise with your money.
WHAT I LEARNED
I realized Facebook is a great tool, if you know how to use it correctly. I now make 1-2 posts per day on Facebook and I make sure I only post about 10-20% is business related.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?