Luisa left a secure job as a conveyancer to become a Mortgage Broker. Through pit bull like persistence she was able to convince four Realtors to work with and in her first year and had her income actually go up. Luisa shares how using a team, staying in front of her referral sources and consistency have helped her become the #44 Broker on CMP’s top 75 list.
Years as a Broker: 10
Location: South Surrey
Brokerage: Xeva Mortgage
[shadowbox][Tweet ““Please don’t keep me a secret.” “][/shadowbox]
- Build a bridge through pit bull like persistence
- Luisa’s voicemail is actually marketing for her business check it out here
- Luisa shares how she would repeatedly go back to Realtors who wouldn’t
- The top Brokers attend between 2 and 5 conferences a year and are always eager to learn
- She shares a birthday campaign that she has implemented for 10 years
Time Traps: Proven Strategies for Swamped Salespeople by Todd Duncan
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Get an administrator or a team behind your business so you can take care of the things you can’t outsource
2. Support the trailer fee model
3. Align myself with like-minded people in the industry
WHAT I LEARNED
Luisa shared how she would go back to those initial Realtors and show them what she was learning. This gave her something to talk about and eventually her Realtors thought, if she works this hard to meet with us, she will definitely work hard for our clients. This was a great reminder of the power of persistence and how educating your referral sources builds trust. This was a great reminder for me.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?