Joel Olson is a mortgage broker with DLC-Canadian Mortgage Experts, based in Kamloops, BC.
Joel will be one of our speakers at the upcoming BrokerTalks event in Vancouver on Feb. 20, 2017. He is also the host of the I Love Kamloops Real Estate podcast, and a past guest on episode 95 of ILMB.
With the latest and greatest tech, Joel has continued to see growth in his business as we begin 2017. His knack for people and passion for the industry has helped him and his team thrive in the Kamloops area, further increasing his network through the business and his podcast.
Joel shares with us how he utilizes different apps and services to effectively communicate with his clients, streamlining the process and keeping everyone in the loop.
- 7 years in the industry
- Kamloops, BC
- Canadian Mortgage Experts (DLC)
- Everyone knows when their next conversation is going to be.
- [2:58] What’s one thing that’s really working for you right now in your business?
- [3:11] Where your business comes from changes over time.
- [3:46] Previous clients and referrals are a major factor in bringing in new business.
- [3:53] What percentage of clients do you gain from referrals?
- [3:58] 50% referrals, 25% realtors, 25% online.
- [4:25] We invest a lot of time back into our top 100 clients.
- [5:01] We use a tool called Testimonial Engine.
- [5:51] Walk us through your weekly schedule.
- [6:01] Our team uses Floify and BombBomb to keep clients connected and in the loop throughout their deal.
- [7:47] The first day of our workweek is focused on pre-approvals.
- [7:51] slybroadcast is a program we use for automating voicemails.
- [8:24] Day two is focused on mortgage refinancing.
- [9:18] The next day is mortgage renewals.
- [10:24] We then move on to reviews and referral partners.
- [11:04] The last day of the week we set up meetings and connect with people using programs like slybroadcast.
- [11:23] What does your online presence look like? Marketing, leads, websites?
- [12:02] A lot of traffic comes from Facebook and reviews written there.
- [13:01] The online interaction is part of a longer connection with a client.
- [13:31] Tell us about BombBomb and how its benefited your business.
- [15:21] Do you meet most clients face-to-face or primarily online?
- [17:31] Talk to us about Floify.
- [17:48] Floify notifies clients of the various parts of their deal, sending reminders to respective parties and keeps them in the loop.
- [19:22] How many of your clients use Floify?
- [19:34] What other features does Floify offer?
- [21:11] Everybody knows when their next conversation is going to be.
- [21:14] We want to ensure clients understand their deals.
- [22:29] Tell us about slybroadcast.
- [24:41] Have you ever had a situation where lawyers contact clients directly without notifying you or your team?
- [27:47] We want clients, and other members of the deal, to have a streamlined, simple process.
- [28:15] Share a bit about your podcast, I Love Kamloops Real Estate.
- [30:31] Networking is a major aspect of the show.
- [30:44] And you’ll be a speaker at BrokerTalks Vancouver!
- [31:12] Can’t wait to see you all there.