Jessi Johnson he is the only mortgage broker in Canada to be on the Oprah Winfrey’s Million Dollar Neighborhood TV show. He is one of the most innovative mortgage brokers in the country and has found one of the best ways to increase his conversion rate and grow his business is by simply picking up the phone.
Years as a Broker: 9
[shadowbox][Tweet ““One life to live. – Jessi Johnson” “][/shadowbox]
- Don’t be lazy, pick up the phone instead of relying on email
- Create a script for each part of your process
- Track your leads, your closing ratios and know where your business is coming from
- Treat your database like gold
- Create an annual review process for your business
- Google Docs
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Don’t start a brokerage
2. Start tracking your prospects, leads, conversion rates right away
3. Partner with an experienced broker who is willing to teach you.
4. Make sure you have enough secondary income to cover the basics
WHAT I LEARNED
I modified a Greg Williamson spreadsheet and set up a separate screen so I could have my deal and referral tracking statistics in front of me at all times. Also he reminded me of the importance of using the phone instead of relying on email.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?