Today we are joined by Gareth Cahill, who has been a broker for 3 years and is already at $48 million in production. Gareth is here to discuss the importance of the customer journey and how it can help scale your business.
[2:07] How did you get into the mortgage business?
- I ended up getting a job in the call centre department of a bank, and brokering was the next logical step.
[2:48] How long have you been a broker?
- 3 years in Canada, but I did have a brokering background in Ireland.
[4:12] Can you tell us about a failure you have experienced and what you learned from it?
- When I was a banker, I was in a hurry to progress and I changed jobs. More money but also more responsibility. I quickly hated it.
- I ended up going back to my old manager and saying I had made a mistake. They welcomed me back.
[6:58] What quote has had an impact on your life and business and how do you implement it?
- ‘Everyone’s got a plan until they get punched in the face.’
- You have to have a plan, but it has to be flexible.
[8:09] What improvements have you made to your systems in the last year?
- Hiring a team.
[10:08] What changes have you made to your sales process in the last year?
- The same answer. My assistant is helping to refine the client journey.
[10:32] What growth have you seen in the 3 years since you started?
- First year was $18 million, second year was $27 million, and this year is on track for $48 million.
[11:49] What was your biggest takeaway from our training program?
- Focus on the client journey.
[12:37] What’s the one thing holding brokers back from success?
- Training and education.
[13:40] What internet resource or software do you recommend?
- Zoom and BombBomb.
[14:59] What book would you recommend?
- Who Not How by Dan Sullivan.
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins.
[16:07] If you could go back in time to your first day in business, what advice would you give yourself?
- Don’t be intimidated.
Contact Gareth here: www.cahillmortgageteam.ca
Find out more about the $25 Million Dollar Blueprint: www.get25million.com
Check out our other podcast, 10 Loans a Month: www.10loansamonth.com