Cheryl Sanguinetti, a broker with The Mortgage Gallery in Calgary and one of the first people to go through our $25 Million Dollar Blueprint program, talks with Scott in this episode. They discuss the importance of being bold and driven in the mortgage space.
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[2:50] Tell us about yourself.
- I’m based in Calgary, Alberta with The Mortgage Gallery.
- I’ve been licensed since the end of 2016.
[3:08] What were you doing before?
- I was at home looking after my 3 boys.
- I’d been in and out of real estate and financing since I was 20 years old.
[3:38] Have you loved every minute of it or has it been more challenging than you expected?
- It’s not harder than I thought outside of the mental strength it takes to navigate the ups and downs.
[4:20] What quote has had an impact on your life and business?
- “What is the true cost of this?”
- “If I say yes to this, what am I saying no to?”
[4:48] How have you applied that in your life?
- I was born a yes person.
- I had to look at what I was saying yes to and what it would take away time from. You have to weigh the worth.
[5:24] What’s something you said no to recently?
- A realtor had asked me to do a webinar series for new homeowners. I knew that our values didn’t align and it wasn’t worth it in the long-term.
[6:24] Tell us about a failure you have experienced and what you learned from it.
- I didn’t get my processes and systems in place from the beginning
- I could have definitely seen more growth and had less stress.
[7:45] What’s something you’ve changed or improved in your systems?
- Finding a CRM and getting things on paper.
- I use Trello and Door for easy workflow management.
[8:56] Do you have an assistant now?
- That’s a tricky question! It’s been hard to find someone because I’m very specific and my whole business is based on relationships.
- I need someone I know can handle the client care as well as the rest.
[12:00] After coming into the $25 Million Blueprint program, do you remember how long it was until you hit $10 million?
- Almost the next year.
[13:24] What changes have you made in your sales process?
- I’ve had to make a big change because I’ve always relied on face-to-face to build relationships.
- I realized there’s still ways to connect and it’s given me the capacity to help more people.
[14:30] Do you prefer Zoom or phone?
- Both, but for new homeowners I use Zoom so we can screen share.
- You just have to make sure the follow up is still there.
[15:02] What was your biggest takeaway from the program?
- Using the All About You form.
- Getting your goals on paper every morning to keep you focused and prioritize.
[17:02] What’s the one thing holding brokers back from success?
- Being willing to do the uncomfortable things.
[17:12] What’s something that was uncomfortable for you but isn’t now?
- Getting in front of new referral sources and learning to accept rejection or being second choice.
[17:42] What’s one habit that’s made you successful?
- Persistence and commitment to excellence.
[18:35] What internet resource or software would you recommend?
- The Golden Coil journals.
[21:10] If you could go back to when you started, what 3 things would you tell yourself?
- Get processes and systems in place.
- Don’t put so much pressure on yourself.
- Be bold.
[23:20] Any final thoughts for our listeners?
- Everything that is meant for me is already mine. Don’t hang on so tightly and try to force things.
Contact Cheryl here: https://www.themortgagegallery.ca
If you’re interested in becoming a deal creator, visit https://www.10loansamonth.com/call/ to find out more.