For more than 2 decades, Doug has worked with clients to help them make the best mortgage decision possible. He is a self-proclaimed “mortgage junkie,” passionate about showing people how much they can save through minute details. Wise financial choices can save more time and money in the long-term. Through experience and expertise, Doug has found success in delegation, working alongside his team, and finding balance between his work and home life. He specializes in residential mortgages for purchase, refinance, or renewal.
Doug shares how he has found long-term success through proper delegation and working with his team. He also gives helpful tips, habits and practices for success in brokering.
- 22 years in the industry
- Langley, BC
- Mortgage Negotiators (Dominion Lending Centres)
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou
- [2:21] Tell us a bit about yourself and how you got into the business.
- [3:02] What is something positive you’ve seen in the industry since beginning 22 years ago?
- [3:41] People want to know how you can take care of them.
- [4:35] Is there a quote which has had a significant impact on you over the years?
- [4:51] “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- [5:45] What is a past experience or failure you’ve been able to learn from?
- [7:21] I ended up losing money after doing the right thing. But doing the right thing is better in the long-term.
- [8:21] What is an area of your business which wasn’t working ideally, but you were able to change and adapt for the future?
- [9:16] Here’s an example scenario. Should I go with variable or fixed?
- [10:06] If you can qualify for a variable rate mortgage, it’s where you want to be.
- [10:10] Tell us about your team structure.
- [12:23] Where do you find your clients?
- [12:30] A database is the way to go.
- [12:49] How do you stay updated with your database?
- [12:54] We mail out a Homes By Design magazine four times a year.
- [14:26] Do you do any e-mail marketing or calls to your database?
- [15:20] A phone call is the most impactful means of contact with a client.
- [15:53] We send out birthday cards to clients as well.
- [16:13] How do you balance your business and family life?
- [16:48] What is the main thing holding back brokers form being successful?
- [16:54] Know what needs to get done and make it a priority.
- [17:04] What one thing or habit has made you successful?
- [17:07] Fully screening my referral sources and clients.
- [17:49] Is there an app or software you use in your business?
- [18:36] What book would you recommend to our listeners?
- [18:40] Dustan Woodhouse’s Be The Better Broker series.
- [18:58] What three things would you tell your past self?
- [19:12] Have a good CRM program.
- [19:17] Have faith and invest more money into yourself.
- [20:21] Hire an assistant early on.
- [20:56] Where can people find out more about you?
More About Doug
- Website: dougneufeld.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 604-807-0720
- By Design Publishing