Today we are joined by Brad Nemes, a mortgage broker with Capital Mortgages in Ottawa. Brad is going to reveal how he impressively went from being stuck at $12 million per year for 10 years to reaching $28 million this year.
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[2:25] How did you get into the mortgage business?
- I started in restaurants, moved into sales, and was headhunted into reverse mortgages.
- I’ve been a broker with Capital for 17 years.
[3:49] What quote has had an impact on your life and business and how do you implement it?
- “What are you doing today to make money for tomorrow.”
- It keeps me focused on being busy.
[4:43] Tell us about a failure you have experienced and what you learned from it.
- People new to the business were surpassing me. I’d become complacent.
- That changed when you sent out the email for the $25 Million Blueprint in August 2017.
[6:20] Volume-wise, where were you then versus now?
- For 10 years I was at $12 million.
- This year, I’m on track for $28 million.
[6:35] What are the new problems you are facing with that production increase?
- I only have one uncertified assistant.
- I need someone with that certification on the front end.
[7:46] What improvements have you made to your systems in the last year?
- I went from using Trello to Door, which allows for more automation.
[9:15] What have you changed in your sales process?
- All digital tools are great for automation.
[11:03] What is your biggest takeaway from being in the program for the last 3 years?
- Being around other like-minded brokers.
[12:13] What’s one thing holding back brokers from success?
- Not picking up the phone.
[12:30] What’s one habit you have that’s made you successful?
- Using the paper calendar on my desk to keep me on track.
[13:46] What internet resource or software tool would you recommend?
- Lender Spotlight.
- VIP Emails.
[15:30] What book would you recommend?
- Who Not How by Dan Sullivan.
[16:29] If you could go back in time what advice would you give yourself starting out?
- Read more books.
- Do better networking.
- Buy more rental properties.
- Keep going to open houses.
Contact Brad here: http://bradsmortgages.com
Find out more about the $25 Million Blueprint here: https://www.get10loans.com/25million