- Systems set you free
- Geoff shares how combining the wisdom of the seasoned Brokers with the energy of the new brokers would be like putting lightening in a bottle
- How using 3 unique bids can help us serve our clients better and improve our closing ratios
- Why being successful requires persistence and and that you, “Don’t run out of gas.”
- Why you need a strategy when placing mortgages
- Be on, or be off. Don’t be on call 100% of the time
Geoff Willis is the managing partner of Origin Mortgages. He shares how the downloading of administrative tasks from lenders to Brokers has created a time suck for Brokers. Which is why he created Otto, a deal management solution, to allow Brokers to spend more time Brokering and deliver a better client experience. At the end of the interview Geoff shares some killer advice on using 3 unique bids to help you serve your clients better and close more loans. You need to check this out.
Years as a Broker: 15
Location: Greater Vancouver
4 underwriters 1 unlicensed and 50+ sub-brokers
[shadowbox][Tweet ““80% of success is showing up.” Woody Allen””][/shadowbox]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
- Take time to find out more about each client
- Stay in touch better
- Focus on keeping your clients closer forever
WHAT I LEARNED
Geoff shared awesome advice on the importance of using a system to reduce errors and improve the cust0mer experience. Whenever possible I provide 3 mortgage options and walk my clients through a process to help them select the most appropriate lender for their situation. This has been incredibly successful for me.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?