- If’ you wait until you’re overwhelmed you’re going to do a poor job hiring an assistant.
- Throw a massive amount of focus and quality hours up front to learn the ropes
- Prioritizing clients’ needs well above your own is admittedly a slippery slope
- Why you should pull title on every refinance before putting in a pile of work
- The biggest untapped opportunity is mortgage renewals
- Dustan shares his take on getting dual licensed as an insurance agent and mortgage broker
- The E Myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It’s Not About the Money…It’s About Being the Best You Can Be! by Gary Keller
Hard work and laser focus have helped Dustan become the #16 broker in CMP magazine in just 6 years. Dustan gives us a peak behind the curtain of what it takes to be a high performer. This interview is loaded with value bombs. You will definitely want to take some notes.
Years as a Broker: 6
Brokerage: Canadian Mortgage Experts DLC
Team Size: 1 licensed assistant
[shadowbox][Tweet ““Opportunity is missed by most people because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison” “][/shadowbox]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. Set boundaries on his availability
2. Hire a licensed assistant sooner
3.Structured automated and detailed CRM in place right from the start
WHAT I LEARNED
Wow. What a great interview. It is no surprise Dustan is at the top of his game. The big takeaway for me was the importance of hard work and focus. I have heard this theme numerous times from other top brokers but this interview really made it sink for some reason. There is no magic bullet, or simple 3 step hack to being a better broker. It is simply hard work and focus.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?