Dave went from a role as a Senior Executive in banking to Brokering. He made commitment up front, to not question his decision for a full 2 years. He describes the first couple years of brokering like rolling a giant stone up a hill. It is really hard to get the stone to the top of the hill, but once you get it to the top of the hill and the stone starts rolling it gets much easier.
Years as a Broker: 5
Brokerage: The Mortgage Group
[Tweet ““Success comes to those who are too busy to look for it.””]
- Ask, “Why me?” to determine your unique value proposition
- Expect Brokering to be hard for the first couple years
- The best way to get the top of Google
- He shares some awesome advice on content marketing
- The fear of failure is a great motivator
- High Trust Selling: Make More Money in Less Time with Less Stress by Todd Duncan
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
WHAT I LEARNED
Wow! What a fantastic interview. He shares how blogging over 300,000 words has helped him build a website that drives traffic.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?