- Find out what’s important to your client not what’s important to you.
- Remember that you can’t have bigger dreams for someone than they have for themselves
- If you’re still struggling you probably have discipline issues
- Execute on what you promised
- Ask more questions
- The E Myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- Work by Referral: Live the Good Life! Proven Strategies for Success and Happiness in the Real Estate Business by Brian Buffini
Daryl is one of the two most influential people who got me started in the Mortgage industry. Not only is he a successful Mortgage Broker, but he has built the largest brokerage in the Okanagan. If you are interested in building a team of sub-brokers then you will want to check out this interview.
Years as a Broker: 21
Location: Kelowna, Central Okangan
Team Size: 16
[shadowbox][Tweet ““People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.” “][/shadowbox]
ADVICE FOR NEW BROKERS
1. People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care
2. Know your product
3. Execute on what you promise
WHAT I LEARNED
Darryl reminded me of the importance of asking questions. I recently created a list of questions I ask for each stage of the process. If a new client calls. I have a series of questions I make sure I ask while on the phone. If it is the first meeting, I have a different list of questions and topics to cover. I have started to create a process for each stage. I even have a 100 day follow up plan for after a loan closes. Having a list of questions to ask and a process to follow has been invaluable for me and has really helped me become a more consistent Broker.
What one thing are you going to change or improve after listening to this interview?