We previously interviewed Collin on episode 62 of ILMB.
Leading Dominion Lending’s top brokerage in Canada from 2010-2014, Collin Bruce has won CMP’s Mortgage Broker of the Year in 2013 and 2015, as well as Mortgage Brokerage of the Year in 2015. Additionally, he is ranked as the #1 broker in Canada for 2013 and 2014. In 2015 he funded 1059 mortgages, averaging 88 mortgages per month.
Collin shares how he manages his team to meet the volume of clients they work with and how he still meets face-to-face with clients amidst the busyness.
- 10 years in the industry
- Edmonton, AB
- Collin Bruce Mortgage Team (Dominion Lending Centres)
- “We want to be a full-service brokerage.“
- “My best asset is talking to new clients; making them comfortable and building trust.“
- “Always try to put yourself in the client’s mind.”
- [2:01] What’s one thing that has been working really well for you in your mortgage business?
- [2:46] How do you communicate your specialty with first-time buyers?
- [2:52] We do a lot of advertising.
- [3:58] We want to be a full-service brokerage.
- [4:21] Our primary competition is the bank.
- [5:44] What is one tool or app you couldn’t live without for your business?
- [5:50] We launched an app on iTunes and Google Play for our brokerage, which has really simplified the process for our clients.
- [6:16] What is something you’ve learned in the last year that you wish you would have known sooner?
- [7:39] As Dustan Woodhouse said, “51% client, 49% lender.” Make decisions based on your client first, balanced with your relationship with your lender.
- [8:02] How does your team work? What is the structure?
- [9:02] My best asset is talking to new clients; making them comfortable and building trust.
- [9:50] How have the recent trends in Alberta affected your brokerage?
- [10:14] How do you divide up new leads?
- [11:28] What hours have you put in to maintain your success?
- [12:31] How do you monitor your effectiveness?
- [13:23] Do you meet with every single client?
- [14:33] Always try to put yourself in the client’s mind.
- [15:12] How do you stay in contact with new clients?
- [15:53] Talk to us about rate holds.
- [18:18] After a mortgage funds, how do you keep in touch with the client?
- [20:04] What is one thing people couldn’t find out about you from Google?
- [21:19] How many weeks of vacation do you take each year?
More About Collin
- Website: collinbruce.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 780-436-2511 ext. 302
- Fax: 780-436-2510