Angela Calla is a mortgage broker with Dominion Lending Centres. Consistently one of Canada’s top brokers, Calla is also the 2009 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) of the Year Award. Calla is a regular guest on Reality TV, Breakfast Television, and a regular contributor to many media outlets to comment on mortgages and in an elite group of brokers that sit on the broker advisory council with lenders and insurers that help create the products we have today to help Canadians.
- 10 years in the industry
- Vancouver, BC
- The Angela Calla Mortgage Team (Dominion Lending Centres)
- Smart people keep smarter people around them.
- [1:36] Angela talks about how she started in the mortgage industry.
- [4:00] On June 6th, 2006 Angela gave up a stable career to start mortgage brokering full time.
- [8:10] I find inspiration from everyone.
- [8:55] Always be working to better yourself.
- [9:23] I like to hire people that are smarter than me.
- [10:38] The more successful you are, the more people will try to challenge you.
- [11:35] I often bring my clients onto my radio show.
- [15:30] When I was doing $88 million in business in one year, I was working ridiculous hours, I wasn’t a nice person, and I didn’t like it.
- [17:35] I don’t feel like what I do is work.
- [17:50] Angela talks about a time when she clicked with a member of her team.
- [21:55] You can’t teach worth ethic.
- [22:25] Follow your instincts.
- [24:40] I believe that Otto Mortgage will become a customer facing program.
- [25:30] Legal Shield is completely disrupting the system on how people use lawyers.
- [27:23] Let go of what you can’t control.
More About Angela
- Website: www.angelacalla.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela on Twitter: @angelacalla
- Angela on LinkedIn
- Angela on Facebook