Growing up, Alim wanted to pursue a career in investments. Over the past 14 years, Alim has worked in various positions with major banks in roles such as Manager of Credit & Lending and Senior Account Manager. Beginning his career in real estate in 2012, Alim was named Rookie of the Year for the entire Dominion Lending Centres network. He has passed and completed the Accredited Mortgage Professional program, receiving the AMP designation.
Alim talks about how he has used video production and a marketing team in order to stand out in his market. He also shares stories of successes and failures from his own experiences, giving advice for new brokers just joining the business.
- 4 years in the industry
- Calgary, AB
- AC Lending Group (Dominion Lending Centres)
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- [1:15] How did you first get into the business?
- [1:36] What made you want to switch from salary to commission?
- [2:00] What was the transition like for you?
- [2:13] How did you ease into the business?
- [2:48] Tell us about your first year in the industry.
- [3:09] Did you have any mentors to help you?
- [3:55] What quote has had an impact on your life?
- [4:34] Can you share an experience where you’ve failed and learned from?
- [5:38] What did you promote on Facebook?
- [6:32] Have you seen success as a result of your videos?
- [7:36] Let’s talk about the three critical aspects of business: “systems, sales, and people.”
- [7:53] Can you share something about your “systems” you’ve changed or improved on in the past year?
- [8:34] What did you previously use for your CRM and what do you use now?
-  Are you independent or part of a team?
- [10:07] Does the marketing team create blog posts or other content?
- [10:37] What is the cost-effectiveness of the service?
- [11:16] Do you differentiate between your personal and business Facebook pages?
- [11:35] How long have you been contracting them?
- [11:56] What have you changed or improved on in “sales” within the last few months?
- [13:11] How do you define what you do as a broker?
- [14:07] What is the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- [14:56] What is something about you that people wouldn’t find through Google?
- [16:01] What is the main thing holding back most brokers from being successful?
- [16:41] What is one thing that you’ve done to make yourself successful?
- [17:11] Are there any apps or pieces of technology you use to make yourself more efficient?
- [17:25] Is there a book you would recommend to listeners?
- [17:50] What advice would you give to your past self?
- [18:32] How can people find you online?
More About Alim
- Website: aclendinggroup.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Alim on Twitter: @aclendinggroup
- Alim on LinkedIn
- Alim on Facebook