New show format! This is our first live recorded interview. We had Ben Sammut as our guest, who is from Mortgage Architects. He has launched his own brand called The Millennial Mortgage Broker. Scott and Ben share their top tips for marketing to millennials, what works, and what doesn’t. Check it out!
Can we, as Millennials, afford the same as our parents? I did the math! Take a look at Millennial Mortgage on Facebook to see the piece I drew up for @bosleyrealestate last October in honour of #backtothefutureday While the @bluejays unfortunately didn’t win the World Series, everything else is quite accurate. It’s time that our generation take a good look at what we can do given today’s markets. As always, make sure you speak to a trusted mortgage professional that can understand you and your lifestyle.
Location: Toronto Ontario
Quote: “When you start to feel like there are not enough hours in the day, buy someone else’s time.”
Timestamped Show Notes
(click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [5:05] It’s interesting spending all your time on lead generation. It gives you a chance to experiment.
- [5:50] What’s your structure like?
- I am the first point of contact and I decide if the person is just looking around or is serious..
- [7:00] What marketing strategy has been working for you?
- A lot of tongue & cheek jabs at Millennials have actually been really effective with the older generations.
- [8:05] The most successful campaign I run is when the topics are politically charged.
- [10:20] If you’re willing to do some of the legwork yourself, you can get a better video made for $150-250. If you’re good at it, you can keep the costs as low as $700 a year.
- [13:50] Do you ever meet your clients?
- Most of our appointments are phone/fax/email. We are fine meeting them face to face but we found that most people don’t really need it.
- [16:12] Scott and Ben share their top 3 tips for marketing to Millennials.
- Marketing to Millennials; you have to be yourself. (Ben)
- Video (Scott)
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. Find 1 or 2 social media platforms and stick with it. (Ben)
- If you’re not going to meet with clients, I suggest you use a program like Zoom. Video is the next level of communication. (Scott)
- Millennials don’t respond to millennial-focused marketing. (Ben)
- Manage your social reputation. (Scott)
- [23:00] How do you Instagram and do you get leads on it?
- #Millennialmortgage is my go-to hashtag. I don’t want people from other countries following me so I use hashtags that are very local to me.
- I get 8 – 10 leads a month with Instagram and Facebook combined.
- [28:14] What is dark posting?
- Dark posting is when you make an ad on Facebook but don’t have it published on your page.
- [29:46] Scott and Ben take questions from the chat room.
- [33:55] If you could go back in time and give your younger self-advice, what would it be?
- I would have taken advantage of the low rate environment.
- Keep receipts.
- Learn to say no.