Joe Sammut is our guest in this episode. Joe has been in the industry for 25 years who services the GTA. Scott and Joe talk about the importance of family time, what is working in his business, and how he is going paperless.
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Brokerage: Mortgage Architects
- Years in the industry: 25
‘If you always do what you’ve always done. You will always get what you have got.’
- [3:25] What did you do before you got into mortgage brokering?
- [5:19] You can’t keep doing what you did 20 years ago. You have to change and adapt.
- [6:10] For the most part my business is virtual. We make sure to contact our customers more than before. With all the changes that have happened to the industry, everyone has questions.
- [8:40] Tell us about a time you failed and what you learned from it.
- [10:05] What does your morning routine look like?
- [12:55] 25% of my business comes from Realtors, the rest come from referrals.
- [13:45] What are you doing to get more referrals?
- [14:37] The mortgage checkups have been the most effective system we have recently put into place.
- [15:00] Who is on your team and what do they do?
- [18:35] How is your paperless process going?
- [21:28] All my calls are scheduled.
- [22:40] I used to work until 11 pm every night until I talked to a realtor friend who said I should spend dinner time with my family then, go back to work if you need to. I think that was the best advice I ever received.
- [24:36] What’s something about yourself that we can’t find on Google?
- [25:00] Rapid fire questions:
- What is the number one thing holding back most mortgage brokers? – Not treating it like a career.
- What’s one thing or habit that has made you successful? – Showing up everyday.
- What is one software or app you can’t live without? – Outlook
- Wha is one book you can recommend? – Even Eagles Need A Push – David McNally
- [27:18] If you could go back in time what 3 things would you tell your younger self at the start of your business?
- Don’t bury your head in the sand.
- Prepare for what might come.
- Extenuate your strengths and delegate your weaknesses.
- Constant Contact
- Even Eagles Need A Push – David McNally
Pioneer West – We are committed to providing the best financial products and services available while maintaining the highest level of integrity & professionalism. Available by phone, email, web, even Twitter. We are here for you, feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions.
Client Caller– We generate you leads from your database while keeping you top of mind with your biggest fans…your clients.
More About Joe
- Scott Peckford
- Scott Peckford