Holden Thomas is our guest in this episode. Holden built a 700 million dollar mortgage company in 10 years, but is back originating and building a new product to help Loan Officers and Realtors scale their business.
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Brokerage: Summit Funding
- Years in the industry: 11 years
‘It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.’ – Theodore Roosevelt
- [2:35] I started my own brokerage in 2006. In 2012 our volume was 90 million, 200 million in 2013, 400 million in 2015, and in 2016 we hit 700 million.
- [4:25] Was it part of your plan to sell the business and start over?
- [6:05] Did you have partners in that business?
- [10:15] How do you apply your quote to your business?
- [10:50] It takes lots of mistakes to master something.
- [12:40] We grew a lot of our business by helping Loan Officers and Realtors scale their business.
- [15:15] One of my failures was not communicating. I got so focused on building my business; a lot of my connections became diluted.
- [16:16] What does your morning routine look like?
- [18:35] 50% of my business comes from real estate agents, 20% from my personal network and 30% would be professional contacts.
- [19:00] How is your team structured?
- [21:55] Don’t pre-judge people.
- [24:48] Be patiently curious, and never get too big for the fundamentals.
- [26:20] The leader is responsible for clarity.
- Google Voice
- The Core
- The Obstacle Is the Way – Ryan Holiday
- Ego Is The Enemy – Ryan Holiday