John Burnam is our guest this week. John talks about how he makes 150 calls a week. He is a level 3 student of The Core and shares how his time with The Core has made him a better mortgage broker.
- Location: Austin Texas
- Brokerage: SWBC Mortgage
‘Whether you think you can, or you can’t. You’re right.’
- [2:40] Can you tell us a little about yourself and your business?
- [3:05] What was your path to becoming a mortgage broker?
- [3:40] It took me about a year and a half to get comfortable with the role.
- [5:45] Don’t be scared to do something on the chance the outcome might not be what you wanted.
- [7:10] The Core helped me be more consistent with my calls.
- [7:50] On Monday 60% of my calls pickup. Other days of the week are closer to 25-30%.
- [8:45] John talks about a time when his golf business failed and shares what he learned from the experience.
- [11:10] What does your morning routine look like?
- [12:15] I put in around 50 hours a week into my business.
- [12:50] Right now 50% of my leads come from real estate agents. 43% is from my database and 6-7% comes from other business people.
- [13:40] Thanks to The Core I’ve already built connections with 45 agents in only 4 months.
- [14:40] How is your team structured?
- [15:35] We meet with about 30% of our clients.
- [16:30] We use Google Docs to share our lead tracker.
- [17:10] Drive change with your team. You have to be with them to drive your business.
- [19:25] The quicker we can communicate with our clients the more trust we can build.
- [21:05] Start of the rapid fire questions.
- [22:00] If you could go back to 2001, what would you tell your younger self?
- [24:20] What’s the most important thing you learned from The Core?
- Falling Forward – John C. Maxwell
- Top Of Mind – CRM
More About John Burnam
More ShowsSee more notes and other episodes at the I Love Mortgage Brokering website.