Our guest this week is Alex McFadyen. Alex is a mortgage broker from Langley BC. He’s a long-time friend of the show, who has been growing his business like crazy. What we love about Alex is that he learns new stuff and actually applies it. With his mascot pug Ernie, he has some of the best branding out there and makes some of the best videos in the industry.
- Location: Langley BC
- Brokerage: CME
‘Discipline, persistence, and consistency.’
- [3:10] How did you get into the mortgage business?
- [3:50] I didn’t stick with my first attempt at being a mortgage broker. I actually let my license lapse.
- [5:55] When you decided to come back to brokering, how did you decide what company to work for?
- [9:20] Steve Diamond gave me some great advice; have confidence and trust yourself.
- [12:00] I’m always asking people for feedback.
- [12:15] What does your morning routine look like?
- [13:30] Where do the majority of your leads come from?
- [14:45] I spend a lot of time coaching and working with new agents, who are in the similar situation as me.
- [15:55] Most of the agents I work with would likely consider me a friend.
- [16:40] How has video helped your business?
- [19:40] Are you still nervous doing the videos or have you become more comfortable over time?
- [20:27] The best advice I can give someone who wants to start doing videos is; just do something, anything. People aren’t going to judge you and if they do, they are not likely to be someone you will be working with anyway?
- [21:00] Who helps you with your business right now?
- [23:50] What part of your process are you using Bomb Bomb for?
- [26:40] Learn to let go.
- [27:30] What is one thing you can tell us about yourself that we can’t learn from Google?
- [28:00] Rapid fire questions.
- [29:40] If you could go back in time, what 3 pieces of advice would you give your younger self?
More About Alex
- Web: www.alexmcfadyen.com
- Phone: 604.619.3319
- Email: email@example.com
More ShowsSee more notes and other episodes at the I Love Mortgage Brokering website.