Our guest this week is Andy Zemon. Andy is a Sales Manager at Waterstone Mortgage. He talks about his experience with the Core Program and shares how weekly and daily meetings are important for his business. He also introduces us to the concept of the undeletable voice mail and how it’s a great way to pump up your team.
- Location: Pewaukee, WI
- Brokerage: Waterstone Mortgage
‘You have to find a way to be in the way of the money.’
‘Stay small and do loans’
- [2:55] How did you get into the lending business?
- [4:33] How did it work when you were starting out? Did you need any special licensing?
- [6:15] When did you hire the first person on your team?
- [11:00] It’s really hard to sell yourself, so you have to find a way to build a team that sells for you.
- [15:00] Do you have a system in place for getting in touch with Realtors?
- [16:00] If you call or have a relationship with 40 Relators, your business will grow.
- [20:00] Do your job to make your relationship with your Realtors as good as you can.
- [20:30] Can you share a time when you failed and what you learned from it?
- [23:10] I leave what I call ‘un-deletable’ voice mails for my staff from time to time. The key is to leave a voice mail that is so emotional and real that they won’t want to delete it.
- [26:00] How is your team built?
- [28:00] We will do the loan application over that phone. We find that is the best way to get all the needed information.
- [28:45] Each member of your team should equal 5 closing each.
- [30:00] How do you keep track of all the moving parts of the loan?
- [31:45] I have a rule with my staff; don’t come to me with a problem unless you have a potential solution.
- [33:35] We have to bite off more than we can chew, it’s how we are in this industry.
- [34:10] Can you share something about yourself that we can’t find by googling you.
- [36:15] Rapid fire questions.
- [36:35] Our daily team meeting is the best thing we do for our business.
- [38:35] What 3 things would you tell yourself 17 years ago when you were starting out?