Our guest this week is Frances Hinojosa. Frances is a partner in Tribe Financial and is a fantastic broker with a lot of energy. She does a mini coaching session with Scott about how to go from 10 million in business to 20 million and why it’s important not to let fear to keep you from growing.
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Brokerage: Tribe Financial
- Time In The Industry: 20 Years
‘Have courage and be kind’ – Cinderella
‘If you are fortunate to have success send the elevator back down’ – Kevin Spacy
- [3:49] How did you get into the mortgage business?
- [4:35] What did you do working for the bank?
- [5:30] It took me 6 moths to decide to get into brokering.
- [7:25] I challenge any banker to give better advice than I can as a broker.
- [8:00] Don’t waste time. Life is short and precious.
- [11:05] Can you share something that you failed at?
- [11:55] Early in your career you can’t take the loss of a deal personally.
- [14:20] What does your business set up look like right now?
- [15:40] Where does your business come from?
- [16:30] Every client is a privilege.
- [17:15] I’m a firm believer of having at least one face to face meeting.
- [19:00] Have the courage to tell your clients what they need.
- [19:22] What have you done to build your business so quickly?
- [22:00] How do you coach an agent who is at 10 million to get to 20 million?
- [22:40] Use every hour of your week to be productive.
- [24:15] You need to take vacations to recharge your mind and body.
- [26:10] How do you answer the question, what does a mortgage broker do?
- [27:45] How do you apply patience to your business?
- [34:30] Rapid fire questions.
- [35:30] Never be afraid to reach out to others.
- [36:35] If you’re changing companies, make sure to have a strong social media presence so people can find you.
- [38:40] If you’re thinking of becoming a mortgage broker for the money, get out now. You have to have passion.
- [39:20] If you could go back in time, what would you tell your younger self?
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win – Jocko Willink
- The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life – Robin Sharma