McKay Wood is our guest this week. McKay processed over 500 leads in his first year and really accelerated his knowledge. He shares how sifting through 100s of online leads has helped him perfect his craft, how he crammed 5 years of learning into 2, and how he uses systems and processes to scale his business.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Brokerage: Verico
- Time In The Industry: 2 Years
‘ Let’s be honest, you suck at the beginning and you don’t know your foot from your hand. But eventually, you start to get good at it.’
- [2:45] Tell us about your business.
- [4:00] How did you get so much done in 2 years?
- [5:35] What’s a hybrid model of brokering?
- [6:20] In my first year I did 540 mortgage interviews.
- [7:28] How do you find time to process such a large amount of leads?
- [8:25] After 6 months I could not keep doing the underwriting myself.
- [9:25] Has your business strategy changed over the last 6 months?
- [10:10] Put a fence around your database.
- [12:10] I wear a bow-tie as a way to set myself apart from other brokers.
- [14:15] I attribute my lack of focus to one of my failures.
- [16:10] How do you build trust quickly with your clients?
- [18:30] How do you answer the question, what does a mortgage broker do?
- [19:53] Your work ethic makes a big difference.
- [21:40] Rapid fire questions start here.
- [23:15] If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
- As A Man Thinketh – James Allen