Julie will be one of our guests at the upcoming BrokerTalks event in Calgary on Jan. 17, 2017.
With a year and half of brokering experience, and many more in banking, Julie has developed a keen sense for relating to customers and showing a deep understanding for her clients’ long-term goals. With a passion for empathy and helping people understand their options, Julie excels in finding solutions and providing the best possible service for her customers.
Through over 100 e-mail templates and other systems, Julie has risen above the competition in terms of providing transparent, honest, and bold customer service. She shares with us how she’s built up her business, what tools she’s used to get there, and how you can do the same.
- 2 years in the industry
- Calgary, AB
- Elevation Mortgage (Dominion Lending Centres)
- I left the bank because I needed to give my clients more choice.
- Life happens to us; we can’t plan for a lot of these things.
- Not enough Canadians have insurance.
- [2:14] How did you get into the business? Tell us a bit about yourself.
- [2:36] My background is in social work.
- [3:21] How long were you with the bank before becoming a broker?
- [3:57] What made you want to make the initial switch?
- [4:41] How does your structure differ from the bank?
- [5:06] I want to keep in contact with my clients, and maintain those relationships.
- [6:04] How has your current role been affected by your previous experience with RBC?
- [6:29] I left the bank because I needed to give my clients more choice.
- [6:57] How do you educate your clients on potential penalties?
- [7:13] Understand your personal life and your goals when looking towards the future and major purchases.
- [8:54] How would you respond to a client asking about variable vs. fixed rates? What about in light of the recent changes?
- [10:19] Not enough Canadians have insurance.
- [10:41] What does your conversation about insurance with clients look like?
- [13:58] Where did you learn to be bold with your clients?
- [16:00] Empathy is what drives us to be bold.
- [18:41] What is something you’ve built up for your systems in the past year that has helped your business? Anything you would have started sooner?
- [19:08] Jungo, an app for assisting with sales and communication.
- [21:41] Do you do online applications?
- [23:12] What other systems do you have in place?
- [24:56] How long are your e-mail templates?
- [25:41] What is something you do to help nurture future referrals?
- [29:04] Can you give us a snippet on what your BrokerTalk will focus on?
- [32:24] Ask yourself how to build your business. Let’s figure this out together.
More About Julie
- Jungo App
- Website: juliejeffery.ca
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 403-828-4832
- Fax: 403-282-6839