Michael LeBlanc is the CEO of First Canadian Title, the leading provider of title insurance in Canada. Michael talks about the history of title insurance, and shares a new insurance product that goes beyond home inspections. He also talks about why FCT is involved with more transactions than ever.
- 27 years in the industry
- Oakville, Ontario
- Title insurance is an insurance policy that protects the homeowner against challenges to the ownership of your home, or from problems related to the title to your home.
- More specifically, home title insurance covers you, as a lender, against losses associated with the priority, validity and unenforceability of a residential mortgage.
- In the Provinces of Quebec and BC, there is a requirement for a lawyer or notary to witness the execution of the document.
- Fraud is a larger problem than ever.
- The average cost for title insurance is between $400-$500 dollars.
- Can you move an insurance premium? No – because it needs to be underwritten.
- FCT is one of the top 50 employers in Canada.
More About Michael
- Website: www.fct.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael on Twitter: @mleblancfct
- Michael on LinkedIn
- Michael on Facebook
- Tel: 1-800-663-6777 ext 3265