Debra Parker has been a mortgage broker for 10 years with Canadian Mortgage Experts. She started in the consumer finance industry but didn’t like how she had to interact with clients. Along with her husband they moved to the small town of Valemount BC, and established herself as a mortgage broker becoming one of the top 20 brokers in her area.
- 10 years in the industry
- Cranbrook, BC
- Canadian Mortgage Experts (DLC)
- Don’t be afraid to fail
- If you’re willing to do the work, I’ll help you through the process
- When starting out, pay off all your debts.
- What you can’t pay off, consolidate with your mortgage, get a line of credit to keep you going until you get your business off the ground.
- Get involved with the community by joining a club. Doing this will help clients relate to you
- Always plan personal time. Be greedy with weekends
- Touch base with clients, even when you’re not working with them at that moment
- If I could go back in time, I would find experienced brokers and build relationships with them early