Sarah Makhomet is our guest in this episode.Sarah is the owner of the largest DLC brokerages in Ontario, along with her partner Jonathan. She is consistently in the CMP Top 75 Brokers List, thanks to her own strong book of business. Before she was a broker she worked on Bay Street where she learned that networking is one of the most important aspects of building a business.
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
‘It’s always impossible, until it’s done.’
- [03:21] How did you get into the lending space?
- [05:30] At what point did you realize you had a bigger dream that just being a broker?
- [06:43] 90% of your time should be going out and meeting people. The more connections you make the better your business will be.
- [08:29] How did you build traction in your first year in the broker business.
- [11:10] Being a risk taker and a go-getter has brought me to this point today.
- [11:35] To go from a handful of people to 100 brokers is takes a lot of steps. How did you do that?
- [13:55] Can you share a time that you failed and what the lesson was in it for you?
- [20:05] Where does the majority of your business come from?
- Past clients
- Financial Planners
- [21:32] How do you keep things from falling through the cracks?
- [23:00] What does your team look like?
- [26:00] I had the privilege of going to Necker Island and meeting Richard Branson. He told us to surround ourselves with people smarter than you and if you have one system for one business, you can duplicate it and apply it to any business.
- [27:00] Can you share one thing that we can’t find out about you from Google?
- [27:35] What is the number one thing holding mortgage brokers back?
- Their own egos.
- [28:00] What’s one thing or habit that has made you successful?
- Getting things done right away.
- [29:33] If you could go back in time to when you started your mortgage business what would you tell your younger self?
- The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
Pioneer West – We are committed to providing the best financial products and services available while maintaining the highest level of integrity & professionalism. Available by phone, email, web, even Twitter. We are here for you, feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions.
Client Caller– We generate you leads from your database while keeping you top of mind with your biggest fans…your clients.
- Scott Peckford
- Scott Peckford